One Sand Does It All
(FOR RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL APPLICATIONS)
Regular is a blend of native sands conforming to the ASTM C-144 standard, and polymer binders that once activated allow the joints to expand and contract with the elements such as extreme heat/cold and freeze/thaw cycles. Specially formulated with Clear Set Technology® which uses the highest quality, clearest synthetic polymers, PolySweep will not discolor the surface or leave behind a haze.
Polysweep is recommended for joints up to 3/4” (max), 1” is acceptable where pavers intersect.
Prevent sand erosion from the pavement joints caused by rain and other water run-off, deters weed growth and insect infestation plus reduces overall pavement maintenance. Products are designed to expand and contract during freeze/thaw cycles and remain flexible to resist cracking.
Applications: Driveways | Walkways | Patios | Pool Decks & Concrete Overlays | Concrete & Clay Pavers | Natural Stone | Cast Stone | Porcelain Tile
- Prior to installation of Polysweep, make sure pavement joints and surface are completely dry AND there is no rain forecast for at least 12 hours after installation. Polysweep needs to surpass the setup threshold before getting rained on. If there is a possibility of rain shortly after installation, cover project with a tarp. Remove tarp as soon as the threat of rain is gone.
- PolySweep should be installed when the average ambient air temperature is above 35 degrees for a minimum of 48 hours after installation.
- Always wear personal protection equipment: eyewear and respirator.
- PolySweep is designed to work best when following ICPI recommended best practices for base installation. Concrete pavers, slabs, and natural stone should have ¾” modified stone base and concrete sand setting bed that conforms to ASTM-C33.
- Distribute PolySweep evenly across the surface. Sweep sand into joints until full, being careful not to push product over long distances on the surface. (1.5” min depth when using PolySweep, 1.25” min depth when using X-Treme Wide Joint). After joints are filled, sweep excess product from the surface.
- For Concrete Pavers: Run a vibratory compactor over the pavement to allow the vibrations to consolidate sand particles into the joints and reduce voids. For Cast Stone or Natural Stone: Use a vibratory rubber roller tamper or a rubber hammer and a piece of wood (2” x 4”).
- Sweep additional sand into the joints if necessary so that the height of the sand is approximately 1/8” below the pavement surface. (Do not overfill joints.) Remove excess product from the surface. Repeat compaction.
- After joints are filled, sweep the surface with a broom and then use a leaf blower held on a slight angle but close to parallel to the surface to remove any excess sand/dust from the top of the surface. Take care not to remove any sand from joints.
- Using a hose, gently mist the pavement no greater than 500 sf at a time. Allow water to absorb for approximately 5 minutes and repeat misting process three to four times, each time gradually adding more volume of water. The last watering should be a volume of water sufficient enough to rinse off any residual material from the surface.
- In one of the joints, check the moisture depth in the sand with a screwdriver to see that it has penetrated to at least 1½” for pavers and 1 ¼” for natural stone. Replace sand and only apply additional misting if water hasn’t penetrated at least 1½” for pavers and 1 ¼” for natural stone. For optimal joint performance, be certain the entire sand column is fully saturated
- Any residual surface water caught in the texture of the pavers or natural stone should be blown off the surface with a leaf blower.
PolySweep contains no portland cement. The curing process varies and could take up to 24 hours based on temperature and humidity level. Cool, damp and overcast conditions will increase PolySweep set up time.
PolySweep MUST BE STORED in a dry location protected from rain and moisture. Intact, covered pallets can be stored outdoors.
- Do not apply too much water too fast as to flood the pavement or erode sand from paver joints.
- Prior to applying Polysweep with natural stone, be sure the surface is free of any dust or stone residue by rinsing thoroughly with water. Then, make sure the natural stone and joints are completely dry prior to installing polymeric sand.
- Do not apply this product to any wet or damp surface because the polymeric sand will adhere to the surface and is difficult to remove.
- This product is not designed for vertical applications and is not a substitute for mortar on vertical or horizontal applications.
- Do not mix or dilute polymeric sand with any other product.